European MBA Diary

Friday, March 18, 2005

IESE interview - my job is done!

At last! Today I had my last interview, so, I'm done! It's not in my hands now.

The IESE interview was done this morning, by video-conference. Opposite to other b-schools, IESE does not use their alumni as interviewers. Everything has to be done by their Admissions office.

Arranging this interview was a bit complex. As I said before, I couldn't find any "neutral" place with this kind of equipment, at a decent renting cost. I asked IESE if this could be done in person. After a few days, I received a reply saying that they were also having lots of difficulties finding an available interviewer to travel to Portugal. So, I finally suggested what I was avoiding: use the video-conference room of the company where I work (my superiors still don't know about my MBA application...). But everything went perfectly. I used our VC room and no one noticed :-P

As for the interview, it was really quick. Around 30, 35 minutes. It is strange talking to a TV set, but I believe I caused a good impression. It was very relaxed and the questions were not difficult. Some of these questions were:

  • Describe your responsabilities in a recent big project (mentioned in my essays)
  • How did you handle adversities in such a project?
  • Why I did you choose these 3 schools that you applied to?
  • What do you do in your free time?
  • Aren't you afraid that you'll be considered a bit old (31) after the MBA, to work in an hectic environment such as the consultancy market?
  • You know that, as a consultant, you won't see the results of the projects you've worked for. How do you see that?

Finally, I was told that, since during next week IESE will be closed for Easter holidays, I will receive the final decision somewhere around 3 weeks from now.


2 Comments:

  • congrats on making it through everything & good luck with the decisions - I just chanced on your blog: know of any other european applicant blogs? http://euromba.blogspot.com

    By Blogger EuroMBA, at 12:24 pm  

  • Congrats and All the best for LBS.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home