European MBA Diary

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

LBS goodies, the IESE time-lapse phenomenon and more...

As already referred, LBS admits are receiving the latest edition of Time Out - London. Great idea and nice attitude from the school. Just a quick note for the cover with an amazing photo of Tate Modern (not the one below, though). Man! I can't wait to return to this amazing place!


On another note, IESE seems to keep sending me stuff with a huge delay. I refused their offer one month ago, but now I received a welcome pack, with lots of information about Barcelona and the school. It's not the first time something like this happens, which doesn't look good on the school.

As for the HSBC loan application, everything is being taken care of. I ordered the translations to a portuguese company for 500 Euros. To everyone reading this, you have to be extremely specific and choose carefully which information has to be translated. Or else, costs will rise to absurd levels. A brazilian translating company would do the same job for 350 Euros, but their delivery time is just too much (more than 2 weeks). I hope to send everything in the beggining of next week, or even take it with me for the Open Weekend and give it personally to the LBS Financial Aid department.

PS: My mind is increasingly out of my office. It takes great effort to keep working as I did, knowing that I will be out of here in a month, preparing for another phase in my life. There isn't much space for work now, when you're thinking about loans, London, school, housing, flights, selling the car, cancelling rents and utility bills, scholarship applications, landlord reference letters, negotiations with current employers and keeping on par with the increasing ammount of information published in the LBS portal.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home