European MBA Diary

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Some thougts

Long time since my last post. I've had extremely busy weeks. Working on an important tender, until 3 or 4am. It's not only consultants that work like crazy, it seems. From time to time, you can have it also in the industry market. At least, it was worth it. My company came up in the first position so it is likely that a multi-million euro contract will be signed in the next few weeks. Nice timing to leave...

Talking about leaving, last week I told one of the directors (Marketing) in my company that I will be leaving by the end of July. He was the one responsible for bringing me here, so I decided that he should be the first to know. I was a bit afraid of his reaction, but he was very understanding and happy for this step that I am taking. He congratulated me for being accepted by LBS and even said that he was sorry for not having done the same when he was my age. He's definitely a great guy. This week I'm going to my boss and to the CEO. I hope they'll have the same reaction.

A few days ago I received a letter from IESE, thanking for informing them that I will not attend the MBA. Nice attitude. Or should I say, 'at last' a nice attitude? For all the contacts I had with them before, I created an image about IESE which is not in the same level as LBS. For instance, after receiving the acceptance email, I receive by post a folder with some info about the school and noticing me that... they had received my application! :-) And it also mentioned the scheduled open days. May I say that the last open day would be... on a date previous to the reception of this folder?

Finally, I can't wait to see this movie!! I just love Frank Miller's Sin City series. Directed by Robert Rodriguez & Frank Miller?? What a combination!!



"Worth dying for. Worth killing for. Worth going to hell for. ... Amen."


5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home