European MBA Diary

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

At last!!

My HSBC loan application is complete!

Wow! I never thought it would be so hard to do this. But now everything is ready: translations, copies, etc. I also included a small document explaining briefly each item of the application. Hope it works... By the way, I have already scheduled an appointment for this Friday morning with the LBS Financial Aid person to give her personally all these documents and, hopefully, to go through them and check if everything is ok. Later on the day, we will have a pre-open weekend dinner, with many other recent admits and students!



And now, for something completely different: I went to Paris this last weekend with my girlfriend and loved it. Amazingly I had never been there before! But it was worth it (besides the high temperature - 34ÂșC - and even higher prices). I can't resist to recommend two very nice restaurants:

- Chez Papa, in St. Germain des Pres, near the Bel Ami hotel. Nice food, live jazz bands. Heaven on earth.

- Kong, near the Samaritaine department store. Very fashionable, superb design, great house and lounge music, and also nice food. Bar on the first floor, restaurant with glass ceiling and panoramic view on the second floor. Visit their website. I really liked this place!

On the way back to Portugal, I saw many IESE students at the Orly airport. I guess they were going back to Barcelona from the MBA Tournament in Paris. I definitely will try to participate in that tourment! I also saw one or tho guys with an LBS shirt, but I was really in a hurry and didn't introduce myself. Well, lots of time for that this weekend.


4 Comments:

  • You'll probably have the opportunity to go a couple of time to Paris again during the 1st year. There is the MBAT like you said but also a class trip to Eurodisney for the Operations and Technology class. The French Club of the School has created an "insider guide" of Paris listing the favorite places of some of the Parisians here.

    Have fun at the Open Week-End!

    karibu

    By Blogger k, at 2:47 am  

  • Congrats on getting all the paperwork done for HSBC!
    See you Friday night at dinner.

    By Blogger divinemissN, at 9:26 am  

  • Thank you!
    [url=http://vwfzlpfk.com/kfoa/hnne.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://hcqzslsh.com/qepc/xnvp.html]Cool site[/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:20 am  

  • Great work!
    http://vwfzlpfk.com/kfoa/hnne.html | http://qsxfjxbq.com/yvfl/jduk.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home