European MBA Diary

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Ah! This is what they call 'work'??



Things are getting crazier and crazier around here. Let me give you a brief description of my day-to-day life:

7.30am: wake up, think 'i hope it is sunny today' and how I would like to smeel the see, open the window, and see this miserable grey weather and drizzle.
8.15am: really get out of bed.
9:00am: buy a Red Bull.
9:05am: late to school... again. Everyone is saying I am always 5 minutes late.
12:00: lunch. Eat the sandwich and the apple I brought from home.
12:30: check emails. Do assignments (one of the 4 or 5 due next week)
14:00: class again. Or group work. Or individual work.
17:00: classes are over. Skype or chat with my special one, family or friends (I still don't have internet at home).
18:00: go to the library. Prepare classes for tomorrow and/or work on assignments.
22:00: library is closing. Go home.
22:10: have dinner.
22:30: continue work.
01:00: go to bed.

Shit! I don't have a life!!!
I was talking to one of my flatmates the other day, and we agreed on something. Being a student is nice, but we really miss our previous status! :-)) He was driving a convertible between Mexico in the states, I was living 100 meters from the sea, in one of the most beautiful cities in Portugal (Cascais), working from 10am to 6 or 7pm, going to fancy restaurants, great nights out. Damn! I don't even remember the last time I went to see a movie!!! (the fact that they're so expensive around here doesn't help either....).

So, what's happening now? Spent the last weekend working on Financial Accounting and Strategy assignments. Before that we had a Stats group assignment due on friday. Now I have an individual Stats assignment due this friday. Next week, on the 3rd November, we have a Managerial Economics midterm exam, and on the same day I have to hand-in a Finance assignment. On the 2nd is the Media Summit pre-conference dinner, and the 4th is the Summit itself! Meanwhile we still have to find a client for the Management Organisaional Behaviour (MOB) audit project. And we are already late on that. I'm gonna get crazy! :-)

But not everything is bad. Last week the media club organised a lunch with a guy from Sony Pictures Television (VP of Corporate Publicity). It was really cool because there was just 5 or 6 of us and him. This guy had such great stories! He knows a lot of celebrities and does lots of business for TVs and Movie companies around the world. I wouldn't mind doing something like that!

And another way to show that we also have lots of fun, is by showing some pictures. I know I promised to post some photos of the Tatoo and Talent Night parties. I still haven't processed the Tatoo ones, but here are a few from Talent Night (KV has some nice photos from Tatoo, and also a funny interesting post this week):







3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home