European MBA Diary

Thursday, September 01, 2005

I'm tired!

I just got a few free minutes to blog about London Business Scholl (not LBS!!! ;-) ).

Saturday morning I moved to my new place. How I missed that good feeling of being in your own room, with your stuff stored in its place, clothes, books, laptop, cds, shoes, etc... I'm still waiting for a reply from my goddam landlord, though, regarding the furniture. I'm sleeping in a single bed and I want to change it to a double bed (I need space...). However, the landlord wants to see what kind of bed I want, to approve (or not) the kind of furniture. Well, I hope he likes cheap IKEA stuff!

On monday we found out which streams we were allocated to (our 326-students class is divided in 4 streams). I got the A-stream, together with my fellow blogger KV. We're not in the same group, though. The 57 different countries represented in the 2007 class is permanently amazing me. It's so overwhelming! Just as an example, my study group has: one indian accountant with a tea family business, one australian management consultant from Sydney, one IT-consultant from Washington DC, one pharmacist-turned-physiotherapist-turned-investment-banker from Boston, one all-finance japanese from Tokyo... and me, the portuguese engineer. Now... this is going to be great fun!!! :-) I know that the US schools usually get the top ranking places, but there's no way they can be as diverse as LBS!

Thursday and Wednesday were filled with presentations, brain-washing sessions, and some really really good speaches. And I mean, reaaaaaally good! Mainly (and I bet all my classmates will agree with me, given the fantastic ovation at the end) from a guy called... Mohan Mohan Mohan. That's right, 3 times. A retired Procter&Gamble general manager, 64-years old but with such an AMAZING energy! I mean, I'm not half his age and the guy has much more energy than me!! :-) This is the kind of people who can inspire others. What a great leader he must have been. Brilliant character.

Today we're having a Career Services presentation, followed by another session with '3-times' Mohan. I'm looking forward to that. Later in the evening, we'll have a networking event with MBA allumni and... of course, drinks.

Drinks... We've been having pub crawling every night! I think I've never drank so many beers as in these last few days. Beer, beer, beer, beer and beer! It's beer everywhere!! Man, I need a whisky!!

PS: By the way, there's a Single Malt club in the school. I think I'll join them.


2 Comments:

  • I'm glad you're in my Stream. We're gonna have a lot of fun this year!

    By Blogger KV, at 2:05 am  

  • Looks like drinking is a very much required part of the MBA curriculum :)

    By Blogger MBABlogger, at 3:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home