European MBA Diary

Monday, October 31, 2005

I live.... again!!


After 2 months of complete absenteism, yesterday I went to see a movie for the first time since I am in London (£8.70 for a ticket is crazy!! Mental note: I have to find out how I can get a NUS student card, those bastards did not accept my ISIC card). It feels good to have a life from time to time... Not having to think 24/7 on t-stats, R squares, porter's 5 forces, free chash flows, bonds, coupons, MOB audit, balance shets, P&Ls, price elasticity, market power, etc, etc, etc...

So, after buying Total Film magazine just to know what's going on, I realised that there are too many good films I want to see! Broken Flowers (Bill Murray has done it again, the guy is becoming huge!), Lord of War (any Nicholas Cage movie has potential to be great), Domino, Serenity, Murderball, Night Watch (russian sci-fi) and there's a Ghost in the Shell sequel!!!!

My pick went to Serenity, not for any special reason (well... it's sci-fi) but because it was the next movie showing when I entered the theatre. It's a great movie! Makes me remind of my geeky early years when spending days and days playing games like Wing Commander and X-Wing! :-) Serenity is based on a former tv-series (Firefly) that was cancelled by Fox network, without any apparent reason. It's a kind of sci-fi epic movie, a mixture between Star Wars (there's an Han-Solo type character) with Pitch Black, with great action scenes, good enough story (except the usual Holywood happy ending and feel-good shit) and amazing special fx. Overall, I really enjoyed it... and it felt so good being 2 hours without thinking about the school, just enjoying a good movie and eating some nachos (I don't do popcorn).


3 Comments:

  • Don't see Night Watch - it's dull. It was done by a book, the book is great. But all they did with a film... you will just lose your time. IMHO :)

    By Blogger RusGirl, at 8:42 am  

  • Rusgirl,

    Thanks for your comment. From what I read I thought that the movie would be cool. Is there a book about it? Who wrote it?

    By Blogger Ricardo, at 6:01 pm  

  • You need to come to class on time my friend ;-)

    By Blogger KV, at 7:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home