European MBA Diary

Saturday, December 17, 2005

It's over!!

I cannot believe that the 1st term is over! After the double exam session last saturday (I still don't know how the MBA programme management office lets this thing happen... 2 exams on the same day is ridiculous) and after handing in my cool Economics final exam on wednesday, our academic obligations were over.

Or nearly over, as this last week was dedicated to Skills Development courses. However these were fairly simple and didn't stop us from having fun during the week. On monday the Portugal club went to a portuguese restaurant and I was delighted to bring with us our honorary member: KV (I hope you enjoyed the food, dude!).

There was time also for attending a fantastic presentation by Frederic Huntsberry, COO, Universal Pictures. I was a bit disappointed with the presentation made by Michael Grade, BBC Chairman, a few weeks ago. But this one was awesome. Lots of topics discussed: new technologies, movies, future sources of revenue, piracy, etc... By the way, Frederic admitted that a couple of weeks before every movie premiere, they send thousands of decoys over the internet (fake files with the same name as the movie) to fool illegal downloaders. Cool! I didn't know that!! :-)

After the two exams last saturday, we had the biggest funniest craziest party ever: Santa Pub Crawl!!! I'm sure most of you know what it is about. 400 hundred Santas partying in London. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here are a few photos from that party.

Ohhh man... christmas break.... feels so good.... can't wait to go to Portugal tomorrow and stay there for 3 whole weeks. Relaxing. Completely oblivious to business school issues.

These were the 3 longest months of my life.


5 Comments:

  • rsr.pt, which camera were you using? The pictures are so sharp.

    Merry Christmas.

    By Blogger 1, at 2:43 am  

  • Dude,
    I need to write a post about that Portuguese diner because it was sooo good, thanks for inviting me. The pix from that night look pretty good too. I’ll put them online soon.

    Enjoy your time back in Portugal but don’t get too used to it. You’ll have to be back in London in 3 weeks for the recruiting season.

    By Blogger KV, at 1:02 am  

  • Hobbes, careful, that's a very dangerous subject for you! Don't get me start on photography, man! ;-) Ok, I use a Canon EOS 300D (or Rebel, in the states). Although this camera is pretty good, the extra punch on sharpness comes from the lens I was using (EF 17-40mm f/4.0L). This lens is awesome! And I was also using an external flash, which is much better than the internal flash that most cameras come with.

    I hope this helps you :-)

    Merry Xmas to you too.

    By Blogger Ricardo, at 7:14 am  

  • Don't get this guy started with photography. He'll go all night! His girlfriend probably wishes she was a camera...jk :-)

    By Blogger KV, at 2:11 pm  

  • Are you jealous, KV?

    By Blogger Ricardo, at 8:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home