European MBA Diary

Friday, March 10, 2006

Start spreading the news


OMG! The results for the International Exchange Programme (IEP) were released today. And guess what? I'm going to Columbia!! I'm so excited! I've never been to New York. Can't wait to go there! And the school has an amazing media curriculum, including an elective at the Columbia Film School (The Business of Film)!! How cool is that?! Now I have to choose if I prefer to go on Autumn (Fall) or Spring term.

On another note, today I attended the most interesting workshop since I've been at LBS. Maybe I should say the only interesting workshop, but that would be too harsh to other nice workshops I attended before. At least they seemed nice at the time, but they pale in comparison to the one today. It was called 'Individual Job Search' and it was given by a fantastic french geezer called Daniel Porot (MBA in 1966). Apparently, he's been in the Career Design and Job Hunting business for more than 30 years!! He's trained personally more than 12.000 individuals and more than 600.000 through his company. Check his website. This one has some interesting tips (but is still under development) and this one too.

This guy knows so many tricks and backdoor strategies to get interviews and jobs, that I wonder if he could really get any job he wanted! :-)

Although I already had other workshops on job hunting, cover letter and CV writing, interview techniques, etc... this one was much better. We really learned some great tips on all those subjects. The only problem is that this course is supposed to be taught in two weeks, so today we attended to one very condensed version of it. Nevertheless, it was very very good!


5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home