European MBA Diary

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Time out!


Tomorrow I'm going home for the weekend. Thanks to Ryanair for having these ridiculous prices, from time to time. I also booked my flight for spring break for a total of.... 30 pounds. It's cheaper than taking a cab from where I live to Heathrow!! :-) The negative side is that Ryanair flies from Stansted and the cheapest flights are at 6.40am!!!!! This means that tomorrow I'll have to wake up before 3am to get the 3.40am bus to Stansted. I hope to get to Portugal alive.

As for things around here, everything is going great! Apart from the occasional flocks of snow that have been showing for the last couple of days, and just for a few minutes in the afternoon. It's very surreal... But yes, it is freezing in here!!

My applications for the international exchange have been submitted and results will come up on 10th March. So I hope to have good news by then!

Job hunting is still going. I have a couple interviews soon, one for a cool digital media company, and the other for an ooooooooooold hi-tec one ;-) Still waiting for feedback on my favourite application (shall I say the name? shall I not? Damn, I hate this big brother feeling!). Yahoo! is coming to town soon, although I'll miss their presentation. Reuteurs has some very interesting positions for the summer internship, so I will definitely apply for those too. Discovery has already posted for a corporate strategy role, which means that they might prefer ex-consultants. Not me, but still worth the shot. And I'm sure that someday Amazon and eBay will post something. So, still lots of options in the pipeline.

Well, it's almost 9pm. Time for one more 'Lost' episode and then go to sleep.


1 Comments:

  • Hope you have a great time in Portugal, bring back some warm weather!

    By Blogger divinemissN, at 4:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home