European MBA Diary

Monday, July 11, 2005

So many things!

Where should I start?

Ok.... first.... HSBC loan. I sent today my reapplication. I am not being greedy anymore, so I applied only for the full tuition loan. Living expenses will be up to me to support. Which means that, if I want to take full advantage of the full MBA experience (parties, travels, tournament, nights-out, concerts, etc) I must look for a cheaper flat. Oh man... comparing with the £425 pw duplex flat I had when I lived in London, this means a biiiiiig change!! Talking about being a student again!

Second, I ordered yesterday my pocket-pc. After comparing three or four I liked, I chose the HP iPAQ hx4700. I believe I found a website that is selling this thingy for a very nice price (200 Euros cheaper than in a famous portuguese store). I can't wait to receive it!!!

Third, holidays! Ahhhhhhh!!!! How I enjoy this 'dolce fare niente'... And now, when the weather is so amazing, I just can't leave the beach. I will miss the sea... and the sun.

Fourth, I am taking care of other things before moving to London. First, I left my apartment today. Which means I am back to Porto. Living with my parents... Yeah, strange ;-) And I hope to sell my car this week. I am already feeling nostalgic!! How can someone (should I say, 'a man'?) be so attached to a car!!! I had it only for 2 years, but I will miss this toy...


Fifth, the games have started! I received recently some emails from the MBA Programme Management office. It seems that we have already tasks to do! There's like 4 or 5 forms to fill out for some core courses. One of them will be sent to my previous supervisor and three peers. And we already received some terms and exams dates. Can't wait for my iPAQ to put these dates in it! ;-)

Finally, the London bombings. What can I say which hasn't been said before? Sad? Yes. Horrible? Yes. Expected? Unfortunately, yes. When I moved to London, back in 2001, it was only 2 weeks after 9/11. Now, I am going again to London, a few weeks after this schocking event. Talking about coincidences... However, in 2001 I kept saying to my family and friends that I didn't know why, but i really felt safe in London. And I keep feeling the same way.


6 Comments:

  • Oh, RSR, you're such a *bloke*! Gadgets and cars....
    Am thinking of getting the HP RX3715, with cool camera in it, but am a bit anxious that the minute I buy it, they'll bring out a new model and I paid too much.... but I want one!

    PS I envy you... lying on the beach... me too, me too but I have to work ;-)

    By Blogger divinemissN, at 6:44 am  

  • I have other interests that would also define me as a bloke... ;-) If you want a pocket-pc with a camera, you should have a look at the Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 720. It seems really nice! It was one of the three I was considering.

    By Blogger Ricardo, at 10:09 am  

  • I was looking at the Loox 720, but it's so darn expensive... twice the price of the RX3715! So I'll wait another couple of weeks and then probably go for the 3715.

    By Blogger divinemissN, at 12:37 pm  

  • Good luck with your loans...I like your new toy.

    By Blogger KV, at 12:46 pm  

  • Where did you buy it? Living in Spain... interested in a good web store to buy one myself.

    Thanks!

    Juan Miguel Venturello

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:09 pm  

  • I bought it at www.eatay.com.

    I found this website through pricerunner.co.uk, which is a very useful site I used when I lived in the UK. You just type the thing you're looking for and it gives you a list of the cheapest websites that are selling it!

    Good luck.

    By Blogger Ricardo, at 6:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home