European MBA Diary

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Free phone calls!


Today I found out a new piece of software which may be a tough competition for Skype. It's called VoipBuster and it allows free phone calls for popular destinations!! And these include practically all European countries! Can't wait for the Pocket PC version ;-)

I've tried it and experimented a bit of the usual delay which can be annoying in a conversation. And for now the free-calls are limited to just 1 minute per call. But, to enjoy free unlimited calls, I just need to register and pay a one-time fee of... 1 euro!

PS: I mentionend before a book called 'The Man in the High Castle'. Now, I couldn't avoid posting its cover. How cool is this??




8 Comments:

  • Yeah, the cover is nice ;) *got myself a copy to read it in spare time*

    Have you read Harry Harryson's "The Hammer and the Cross" (Englishmen won a battle against French at 11th century)
    and, "Stars and Stripes" (about American war for Independency)?

    By Blogger RusGirl, at 8:02 am  

  • I haven't read any of those two books. How good are they, RusGirl?

    By Blogger Ricardo, at 12:08 pm  

  • How does the sound quality compare to skype? Have you tried both?

    By Blogger KV, at 1:29 pm  

  • I'd say that sound quality is about the same, even considering that Skype and VoipBuster use different protocols. However, I experimented that annoying delay on both softwares.

    By Blogger Ricardo, at 1:35 pm  

  • So when are you going to London? Or are you already there?

    By Blogger KV, at 1:36 am  

  • I'm going to London on the 17th evening.

    By Blogger Ricardo, at 8:21 pm  

  • me too ;-)

    By Blogger KV, at 10:45 pm  

  • Sorry, I didn't reply immediately :)

    I liked both books, an I think if you like the style of 'parallel-world history' (that's how I call it), you gonna like those two books ;)

    By Blogger RusGirl, at 1:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home