European MBA Diary

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ironic

As a true portuguese and passionate FC Porto fan, I wouldn't survive without finding a place in NY to see the Champion's League match today. Unfortunately, FC Porto lost. It seems that the day when they recently won the trophy was ages ago...

Anyway, what would be the best place to watch the match? Newark! And it was surreal. It was like a small Portuguese vilage just landed somewhere in the US. That's not America. That's not New York. That's... Portugal!! :-) Banks are portuguese, shops are portuguese, streets have portuguese names, everyone speaks portuguese, cops are portuguese, the sheriff is portuguese, portuguese flags are everywhere. Of course, since the game was on the afternoon, I had to eat some bacalhau and drink a couple of Super Bocks. I also couldn't miss the opportunity to buy some good portuguese wines (pictured above).

Talking about business school and my career. After spending one year thinking about my future, after applying for a few consulting firms for a summer internship and not being accepted, after rethinking everything and realizing that Media is really where I want to go... I just received an email from a top firm, inviting me for dinner in NY to discuss opportunities. Isn't life ironic?


1 Comments:

  • I think regarding to your life, it's wonderful. Congratulations and good luck w/ the meeting.

    By Blogger -tvu, at 2:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home