European MBA Diary

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Hubbards


Glenn Hubbard, CBS's dean, has the tradition of hosting students who cannot travel home for Thanksgiving for a meal during the long weekend. This year, the meal was held on Friday and, after my name was drawn from the lottery - there's only 25 places available - I joined some other exchange students and headed to his house. This is an admirable initiative, I have to say, and unfortunately we don't have anything like this in London. As if having a free lunch wasn't good enough, we also had the opportunity to try some good turkey and have a chat with the dean. Cool stuff.

The day after, on Saturday, I joined another bunch of exchangers (actually, it was the same bunch from the dean's lunch) and headed to Washington DC. We spent the weekend there and had great fun! The city is not that fun - lots of museums, monuments, too formal for my tastes - but the nightlife seems to be really good! Either that or we were lucky. We went to a bar called KStreet and had a terrific time. As for the city's main attractions, Lincoln's memorial is awesome, Iwo Jima too, the White House is too far away and it would be impossible for Robert Langdon to steal anything from the Archives.

For a first Thanksgiving experience, this last weekend was not bad at all! Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving too! :)


1 Comments:

  • Next time you're in DC check out my parties. I host parties around the city. for guestlist infor log on to my website http://www.jetsetmafia.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home