European MBA Diary

Friday, November 17, 2006

300

Every year, there's one or two movies that I am really anxious to see. Sometimes it's because I love the book it is based on (the Lord of the Rings trilogy, A Scanner Darkly), and some other times it's just because I read about it or saw a trailer that gave me shivers down my spine (Matrix, Dark City, Ghost in the Shell). There is also the chance that I had just seen it at Fantasporto before worldwide release, but that's something more specific to my hometown... Peter Jackson's Bad Taste, anyone? ;-)

As I posted before, Sin City was one of the movies I was anxious to see last year. Having heard about a movie filmed on a shot-for-shot adaptation of Frank Miller's comic books just seemed impossible to go wrong (and it didn't!).

And now, there's this:



F*cking unbelievable! Based on another Frank Miller comic book, it just looks insane! I saw this trailer like 10 times in a row! Of course, the Nine Inch Nails song also helps making it look (and sound) amazing. This movie is based on a famous battle between 300 Spartans and the Persian army - for more information, check the Wikipedia entry - and again, it was filmed on a shot-for-shot basis. I can't wait to see it!

And people still wonder why I want to work in the Media industry!


4 Comments:

  • 300 really seems to be awesome. i am eagerly awaiting the time when this comes out in theatres.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 am  

  • Yes. This movie will kick ass. FYI, they've greed to do sin city 2.

    By Blogger -tvu, at 1:01 pm  

  • I'm trying not to get overly excited about this one, but I can't help ... Frank Miller is a genius, and everything I've seen and heard about the 300 points to it just rocking unbelievably hard

    By Blogger Reel Fanatic, at 4:09 pm  

  • Gotta see it!

    By Blogger KV, at 6:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home