European MBA Diary

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

2 months

Wow! 2 months since my last post. I guess my January archive won't take much space on Google's servers ;)

So, what happened this last couple of months? Well, after finishing my stay in New York (what a great time I had there) and being massively pampered at home during Christmas and New Year's eve (gotta tell mum not to cook that much), I finally returned to good old grey London.

I arrived just right the day before my first class: Brand Management. A fantastic course, taught by the not less fantastic Mark Ritson. Really good and I greatly recommend it. During that first week I also started the painfull process of flat hunting. However, since Brand Management is a block week course (every day, from 9am to 5pm), I failed miserably at it. Took me 3 weeks to find my new place - which is a fantastic flat, by the way, at least comparing to last year's standards... After mooving in, it took me almost 3 more weeks to get adsl installed. This felt like 3 weeks without contact with the outter world. No TV, no phone, no internet. I mean, I had internet access at school but... without being able to play World of Warcraft!! Next time please shoot me in the head instead! My girlfriend visited me for one week, which helped me to pass the time (... hhmmm... maybe I shouldn't have written that). And she also helped me organizing my room, which is always useful. Guys just don't do that kind of stuff, right?

Now I am taking 3 very interesting courses: Venture Capital & Private Equity, Financing the Entrepreneurial Business, and Negotations & Bargaining. I'm very happy with these 3. After my M&A course at Columbia I kinda developed this interest for deal making and structuring stuff in finance, so I'm enjoying VC and FEB. Furthermore, these courses will be usefull in a long term in case I decide to create my own business. I also sorted out (finally) my 2nd year project, which will be a cool cool project at Symbian.

And what else? Let's see... oh! Last week there was snow in London! Not some tiny brief flocks of snow. But reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal snow! I did the small movie below which shows our beautiful school in this rare white scenario (recorded with my new powershot, result of another good thing about New York: low prices).


1 Comments:

  • I've gotta say... I've never heard the words "New York" and "low prices" together in the same sentance, but I suppose compared to London...

    I'm an R2 applicant waiting for the decision on March 23. The wait is killing me. Pray for Mojo.

    ~Nick

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home