European MBA Diary

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Ok... I give up!

It really seems that I cannot post something more frequently. Again, the 2-month barrier has not been overcome! :) Now, the problem is that there are sooooooo many things to talk about that I don't even know where to start!


Ok... mmm... MBAT. We won! Again! Probably you already know that, as you may have read it in some of the other fantastic blogs. But I still had to mention it. Here's a pic of the basketball champions :)


What else?... mmm... CPM! As you know, I am only taking this course this term (Creativity & Personal Mastery). And let me tell you something, it has been amazing!! This is exactly why I came to business school. I came here with a goal of self-discovery, of finding out what I love and hate, of being happier with myself. This course is all that and much more. The best thing about it, in my opinion, is that everyone has the chance to be trully herself/himself. There are no egos talking, no masks being worn. We had a fantastic weekend retreat, two weeks ago, and it was a beautiful experience (well... the long nights with insance amounts of alcohol at the hotel bar also helped).



Besides that, we have had some excellent guest speakers. The highlight was last Sunday when we had in the morning Ben Zanders (author of 'The Art of Possibility') and Marshall Goldsmith in the evening (executive coach and author of 'What Got You Here Won't Get You There'... you can also check his blog).

Here's a pic from our special thank you to Ben Zanders. The guys standing are ready to sing something for him (loooooooong story!).


Finally, I am starting to feel VERY nostalgic. There's only like 3 or 4 weeks to go! Them it will all be over. The MBA, this school, my friends, this life, probably even the blog! These two years have been the best experience of my life. It's impossible to describe how wonderful it has been. A few weeks ago, when walking around Camden Town, I passed by this place:


This is where it all began!! This is where I came for a pre-admits weekend dinner, in June 2005 (when I met our friend Miss N). And it seems like it was yesterday. Man! I want to do another MBA! ...... I'll stop here... if I keep writing about this for 2 more minutes, I'll start crying.

PS: By the way, no more 'rsr.pt' ;)


7 Comments:

  • Oh Ricardo, I know exactly what you feel, I don't want to leave either! I love the Jamon Jamon picture, I have good memories of that night and the following weekend :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 am  

  • I hope this was not your last post! :) It's great to hear from you and watch the photos!

    (because you write one post in two months, MBA will end in 4 weeks and your blog will end after MBA too)

    By Blogger RusGirl, at 3:28 am  

  • Well said my friend. So much have happened and still it did not feel like 2 years have gone by. I can still remember the dinner that Friday night at Camden Town, and the photo I took of the 3 (blogging) amigoes the next day.

    CPM is of course the highlight, and an apt conclusion to our amazing 2 years in London. Thank you universe we still have 2 more weeks of it. You coming to the karaoke tomorrow?

    By Blogger 1, at 7:07 pm  

  • Well said my friend. So much have happened and still it did not feel like 2 years have gone by. I can still remember the dinner that Friday night at Camden Town, and the photo I took of the 3 (blogging) amigoes the next day.

    CPM is of course the highlight, and an apt conclusion to our amazing 2 years in London. Thank you universe we still have 2 more weeks of it. You coming to the karaoke tomorrow?

    By Blogger 1, at 7:07 pm  

  • It is indeed pretty sad that it's all coming to an end (not like I've been around much or anything)

    By Blogger KV, at 12:52 am  

  • Jamon, Jamon, it sounds very spanish... maybe what you really miss is me!!!

    By Blogger nuevo, at 10:13 am  

  • Hi, my name is Eglys. I am a Venezuelan/spaniard who currently lives in Orlando studying Marketing in a state University. Anyways, i was looking around for Masters in Europe since i am graduating next year and i ran into your blog. I loved reading about everything you did and your pictures are great. I was wondering why you decided for the London school instead of the other ones you applied to. Also, I loved reading about your lectures on Entertainment marketing. I see that you are from Portugal, my dad is from La Coruna, Spain and we go to portugal every time we visit his hometown... its beautiful.
    Anyways, I hope you don't think this is weird... haha but i just wanted to see what you ended up doing after the MBA and what you thought of the whole experience. Anyways, i think this blog idea is a great idea.
    I hope to get a response.
    Thank you,

    -Eglys.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home