European MBA Diary

Friday, March 31, 2006

Where's the sun???

Spring break is almost over. Unfortunately, it seems that I brought the miserable London weather with me to Portugal. It's been raining a lot! I was planning to spend a few days in the sunny south part of this country (Algarve) but I had to cancel it. Rain, rain and rain... I did have the chance to sink my feet in the sand, though. But it was too windy and too cold :-)

By the way, the above photo is not mine. I just found it in this nice website about my hometown, which has some really cool photos. Check it out!

Since I could not use my time for the activities that I was planning (lying in the sun, swiming or just doing nothing) at least I had time to finish reading DisneyWar. This book has everything: the boring part (some finance, some accounting) and the fun part (organizational behaviour, creative businesses). This is all about the trappings of power, group think, corporate politics, shakespearean drama, managers vs. creativity, leadership styles and, above all, dishonesty. What a great book! I really recommend this.

Well, Summer term is just around the corner. Lots of stuff coming up: interesting courses (namely, an introduction to entrepreneuship and an advanced marketing course), lots of parties (apparently it's almost impossible to find a free saturday this term at LBS, all are booked for some kind of events), my job hunting will still go on, MBAT will be huge and the World Cup is coming too!

Time to recharge batteries.


1 Comments:

  • Sucks about the rain in Portugal. Hopefully London will get nice soon :-)

    By Blogger KV, at 4:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home